It's time to plan for next year! All parents are required to complete the student Data Confirmation through the parent portal account to confirm enrollment for your child for the next school year, 2021-2022.
2019/2020 School Year Principal's Message
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) has been a central focus of our school. Positive behaviors at Faylane are centralized in the acronym “S.O.A.R.” Safety, Ownership, Acceptance and Respect. They embody characteristics we look to discover. Falcon bucks, monthly Falcon Awards, Trimester “U + 2” donut socials, and many other reinforcers are designed to guide toward the positive target. Interventions and Supports likewise direct toward the target. A cadre of mentors, counseling assignments, “Kind Iz Kool” Anti-bullying training and leadership, PAL leaders, Student Success Team efforts to improve attendance, Orange County G.R.I.P. (Gang Reduction Intervention Partnership): All is somehow related to attitude (Goal 2) and academics (Goal 1); virtually ALL of our systems and efforts are aimed toward student success.
GGUSD has three central goals that focus our efforts; Academic Success (Goal #1), Socio-Emotional Well Being (#2), & Future Life Success (#3). PBIS is a system that reaches across all three areas. The engine of the system, it’s driving force, is our people. Parents have become more involved over the past years to encourage their children’s success. They have participated in trainings related to educational success, literacy, developmental assets, technology communication, drug and vaping awareness. Parents have volunteered in School Site Council, English Language Advisory Committees (D/ELAC), PTA, and coming next year, morning greeters for each Faylane student to start each school day with a smile and a warm welcome! I have four kids myself. I have found Faylane parents share my own hopes and concerns: We each want our kids to be well, to do well, and to live far beyond what we were capable of. We are on a road together for the 3 goals of GGUSD success, Faylane style!
Parents and staff seek to do astounding things for such success. Parents convinced me to be a human pie target. If “bullseye” was the aim, then I suppose one could call this venture successful? We held our Walkathon in concert with our Lunch on the Lawn this year: a “Star Wars, May the 4th\ Revenge of the Si(x)th Lunch on the Lawn & Jedi Walk-A-Thon Fundraiser.” Our kids are surrounded by many such Jedi mentors, positive influences to breed positive habits to lead to positive, amazing futures. I
commend our teachers, staff, parents and students for reaching for the “+” sign.
We shall S.O.A.R. great distances together!
Welcome Faylane Falcons!
We are excited for a new school year which will lead to new academic and personal skills for our 530 scholars. The academic excellence of our scholars was recognized recently as Faylane Elementary School was named a 2018 California Distinguished School, an elite honor for the state's most successful public schools. Faylane was also recognized on the 2018 California Honor Roll for high achievement in student success, reduction in achievement gaps, and high college readiness in students.
The outstanding programs and opportunities that contribute to our school's success include:
- 1:1 computer to student ratio with a full-time technology specialist; students use Chromebooks and iPads each day to enhance learning and gain technology skills
- Before and after school coding, robotics and STEM classes teach students important skills to thrive in the 21st century
- Before and after school academic intervention which provides students with extra support in English and math and is offered by our amazing teachers
- The Disney Musicals in Schools Production which gives students an opportunity to perform some of their favorite Disney fairy tales
Boys and Girls Club provides second through sixth grade students with homework help and other fun engaging activities in art and athletics
- College and Career Mentoring pairs sixth grade students with a college mentor who provides academic and personal support and serves as a positive role model
- Our popular soccer tournaments occur during recess and lunch and are led by students and parent volunteers
- Popular choral, band and orchestra programs bring out the inner musicians of our students
- Social-emotional support and mental health resources with school psychologist, speech therapist and counselor
Our online programs are helpful, giving students access to online resources that will help them stay on track in school. These programs include MobyMax, SeeSaw, and Read Live/Read Naturally.
- The PAL Program is a service oriented leadership group at the upper grade level which volunteers in the community and plans service events at school
Our Anti-Bullying Program, K.I.K (Kind is Kool) Bullying 4 Happiness, helps promote kindness and fosters a positive school culture
- Dedicated PTA plans organizes fundraising efforts, plans fun events at school and helps make field trips possible for all students
At Faylane, we celebrate our students for their many accomplishments with athletic awards, monthly character awards, trimester awards for attendance and reading, Principal's award and the Honor Roll.
Faylane's parental involvement is out of this world with the high levels of attendance in our parent classes! Our campus offers classes such as the 40 Developmental Assets of Education, the 10 Commandments of Education, Latino Literacy, Drug Awareness Education and Communication With Your Child in a Tech-Driven World. Our success is due in large part to the high engagement of our parent volunteers.
We look forward to another successful school year. Do not hesitate to stop by our office with any questions or concerns!